We've teamed up with Brazilian photographer David Ludolf for another exclusive interview. Check it out below!
1. Hi David, first of all can you please give us some information about your person?
My name is David Paiva Ludolf and I’m 28 years old. I’m currently living in Rio de Janeiro, which is also the city where I was born.
2. When did you start taking photos and why?
I first started taking photos with an iPhone. I used to do it for fun, because I really liked taking random photos of my friends.
3. Please describe the style of your photos in 3 words.
Simple, deep and organic.
4. What are your personal goals for the future with photography?
I’d like to travel a lot while doing photography. I always wanted to see New York and hopefully I’ll be able to get there soon.
5. Do you have any advice or helpful tips for people who just started taking photos?
I’d say follow your heart and don’t be afraid of making mistakes are the most important things.
6. What camera equipment do you use and what’s your favorite lens?
I’m using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera and my favorite lens is the Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art.
7. Have you visited other countries yet for taking photos there? If not, what do you like about taking photos in Brazil?
Unfortunately not but I’m looking forward to visit other countries in the near future. To be honest I can’t really say that I like taking photos here, as we do not have the 4 seasons. Here in Rio we only have summer. That might be very interesting for vacations and stuff… but for photography? It’s pretty frustrating in my opinion, especially if you don’t like harsh light, haha. But I like to meet new people here. Photography always has this power of bringing people together.
8. Are you a full-time photographer?
Yes, I am doing photography for a living.
9. Did you study photography? How did you learn it?
I didn’t go to class to learn photography, instead I learned everything I know on the Internet. Jessica Kobeissi and Irene Rudnyk were my teachers.
10. Do you want to add some last words?
I absolutely love doing what I do in the way I think it’s supposed to be done and also I want to say that working with you guys has been an amazing journey for me.
Thank you so much for taking your time, Daivd. We really appreciate the opportunity of working together. It’s been a pleasure for us as well!